Monday, September 22, 2008

teething star

I had a tiny whim on my over stretched budget one day--I wanted to buy a bit of the glow-in-the-dark yarn by Bernat for my kids. I decided if it was pricey, they'd each get to choose a color and I'd do something fun. That is exactly how it turned out, and I made small animals that were blurry in their pictures--a dragon and a "melon ball" kitty. Then, I was perusing the Bernat site looking at patterns which is a desparate addiction for me--ahem--and I found a star pattern using that yarn. Of course, I got to thinking about it and changed it up. Rather than using the glowy yarn, I used their Cottontots (something I bought that same day since I wanted to experiment with some different yarns for upcoming baby gifts).




I've decided this makes a most perfect teething toy when not stuffed. My baby boy finds it so easy to hold and chew on versus the hard platic toys or bulky washcloths or whatever else there is. I can also easily add enough yarn length to attach it to strollers or car seats--safely.