Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Introducing Bluehose

I'm Bluehose, the other half of Cjoy's creative side. Yes, I know what a bluehose is (you can find out at www.presby.edu) and am very proud to have been one since 1994. Cjoy invited me to share in this blog about crocheting as it's a love of mine. I started four years ago while my husband was on active duty with the Navy. I decided I needed a hobby and should teach myself how to do something. Both my mom and grandmother knit, and while I understand the concept, my fingers have never quite mastered 2 needles. A single hook, I can do. I started with a great beginner book that promised to teach me to crochet in 10 minutes a day and even had a few simple patterns in it. No pun intended, but I got hooked pretty quickly. Over time, I've learned how to read the pattern and It's easy enough that I can do it while watching TV, yet produces beautiful gifts for loved ones. Over time, I've gotten brave enough to venture away from single stitch afghans to multi-yarn blankets, burp cloths & bibs, hats & gloves & scarves, coasters & placements, napkin rings, and prayer shawls. Although it's become an expensive addiction, and my husband now rolls his eyes when he hears I'm going to the craft store, I love to help others pick up this great hobby. I love it when they discover what they can make and look forward to the next project. I'm excited to join you and Cjoy on this fun adventure.

No comments: