Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello from the knitter


Hi. My name is Laurel. And the picture above is of one of my favorite things to shop for - yarn. I am not normally someone who enjoys shopping (I know, I'm one of the rare women and my husband is glad for it!)

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I do not know how to crochet but love knitting. I began about 4 years ago and haven't looked back since.

When someone wants to begin to learn knitting, the best beginning project is a scarf because you can do a simple garter scarf that looks good but is very easy. I made at least 5 scarfs for my first projects. I now have ventured out little by little and enjoy the challenge of learning new stitches. The web is full of very helpful videos for new stitches or techniques. For me, I must see something new before I can learn to do it myself.

No comments: