Sunday, September 28, 2008

preemie things

I, too, wanted to make a hat for Laurel's friend with the newborn preemie. My first attempt did not seem to be quite what I expected from the directions and gauge (though that could just as easily be my own fault), so I tried again with bigger yarn and found a nice pattern for booties as well.

I have two pictures to share. The first is a baby doll around our house--the really small kind--trying the hat and booties on for sizing purposes.

The second is both hats and the booties with an 8.5 oz water bottle that shows the smallness of everything. ON the water bottle cap was that first, too-small attempt. Next to it you will see the matching hat and booties that will go to Henry. As I was at the pediatrician's this past week, I asked which hat would work best. Since the bigger one was not too stretchy, that one was the better choice. But the smaller one might not have been too far off--and would probably fit a 400 gram baby, I was told. Which says maybe the pattern wasn't as off as I thought.
Now I need to mail it off before he's too big...

1 comment:

bekah said...

These are beautiful. I'm sure Nikki with love them. Thank you!