Tuesday, October 7, 2008

sippin' sleeves


I've seen some variations of these done in a long piece then stitched together with fur for trim (and various names). I've decided to try doing a few in the round, changing up the stitches (and I'm working at more variety there) and maybe if I'm lucky I'll sell some at a local coffee shop during the holidays.

The two in green I made for the class basket to be auctioned off at our school's Fall Festival this week. I had suggested a basket with "green" items which was adopted then duly dubbed "It's Easy Being Green"...and of course, this seemed a good time to try out my new sippin' sleeves. I was going to make a mesh bag, but I didn't like the way the first one I made carried and neither was I able to find quite enough time or desire to repeat that right away. So, I skipped it.

Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome!

No comments: