Friday, November 28, 2008

two-for-the-road


(Oh, I am sosososo slack in posting - it's been in the draft folder a good six weeks or so -shame on me....)

However, here it at last, and I won't even tell you (yet) of the things I have forgotten to take pictures of or simply have not had a chance to post with the craziness of my life....

I made this scarf for my mom’s birthday. She’d seen the red yarn in my stash which I had no plans for, mentioning that she loved the color and would enjoy a scarf. I got so excited, and looked for a good one that wasn’t too bulky at her request. I gave it to her for her birthday and she loves it.

This is a fabulous scarf that turned out beautifully. It’s the right weight, it’s easy to put under a coat, use without a coat, and fold up for a small space. I’m pleased and proud.
However - I am happy to be done with this scarf because I found the lacy grit stitch horribly tedious and annoying. I procrastinated on account of that square every time, and was immensely glad when it was finished. The rest of it was a breeze and fun to make. :)

I wonder what it would take to make her a brimmed hat to match (NOT using the lacy grit, of course).

I found the pattern, Two-For-The-Road at Lion Brand's website and used their yarn, Wool-Ease....I think this one is called Red Sprinkles.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I wish I could see the lacy stitch better but I assume if you zoom with your camera, it'd be kinda fuzzy. Looks nice from a distance though! I too have some things to post. I'm inspired by you so I'll go take some pics too.